Teach your dog to place
How to begin to teach your dog to place!
Shape getting on:
1. Stand near the bed and wait for your dog to interact with it. (If your dog is struggling you can switch to luring them on with a treat in hand)
2. Say Yes and reward on the bed when your dog does interact. This can be just 1 paw or 2, or getting all the way onto the bed.
Repeat from different angles and approaches until your dog is consistent!
Add verbal cues:
1. Cue to get on: say this cue as your dog approaches the bed each time. (
2. Cue for release: Give this cue followed by tossing a treat to prompt your dog to get off.
Repeat multiple repetitions!
Practice the D’s:
1. Distance: Movement around and away from the bed. Build up slowly!
2. Duration: Time between treats and time on bed. Add time slowly!
Practice Practice Practice!
Build up more duration and distance
Proof the skill in new locations
Fade the treat toss from your release cue and lure to get on the bed if you used one
Watch the video >here<
Keep your doggo safe.
Front Range Pet Sop serves the Denver Metro area and beyond. We provide expert service for your underground electric dog fence needs. Call us with questions you have about installing an invisible fence for dogs on your property as well as servicing an existing system. We have information about dog training collars and indoor units. These can keep your pupper out of restricted areas or off of specific pieces of furniture. This includes kitties as well! Give Will a call anytime @ 303-345-4452 because he loves to take your call!